Juozas,

> It is very interesting, does somebody works on persistence ?

No yet.  The example beans have no persistence.  The idea is that the
developer chooses what type of persistence they need.  File, Store,
JDBC, JDO.

> I know this  stuff like JTA, JAAS, JDO ... .

Thats good.

Commons-Store would be cool for re-use in EOB.

> I work on persistence in the current project, I have plans to complete
> it next weak.
> Idea is like this : "User defines some interfaces and optional
> mappings". Container or application
> Manages persistence and  transactions , user defined interfaces can
> be  reused for "Value Objects","Remote/Local" ...
> I will use simplestore for cache.

:-)

> Do you need this kind of code ?
> But I don't know how  to handle  "By Value".
> void myMethod( MyInterfaceType mt ){
>     mt.setSomething("X");//Don't understand how to handle this (  is X
> set on copy of Object  ? )
>    }

X will be a copy of the object if pass by value or over the wire.  I'm
not quite sure what your asking here.

Consider :

  interface StockPortfolio {
     int getShareCount(String ticker);
     void addToPortfolio(String ticker, shareCount);
     void removeFromPortfolio(String ticker, shareCount);
     String[] getStocksHeld();
  }

  class JDBCStockPortfilioImpl implements StockPortfolio {
    // all those methods implemented like in classic entity bean
  }

  class CommonsStoreStockPortfolioImpl extends
org.apache.commons.simplestoreSynchronizedStore implements StockPortfolio {
    // or 'has a' in stead of 'extends' as it is final.
    // all those methods implemented and routing through to the store
methods.
  }

>> I have coded it for Alt-EJB (now named "Enterprise Object Broker" and
>> hosted on sourceforge and 10% coded).
>

> I like this name :)

In spoken form -> 'Yob'

It is a name that Gerhard and I though up after discussing over a couple
of days

- Paul