On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 01:49:40PM -0500, Henri Yandell wrote:
> How do you get jikes to warn about them? Is there a flag or something?

if compiling by hand:
  jikes +P ...

if using Ant:
  set build.compiler.pedantic=true (and build.compiler=jikes, of course)

> I've always liked the public modifier, but I guess it is completely
> redundant. I'll try to change my ways in the future.

Yeah, there's nothing technically _wrong_ it. (The JLS doesn't explicitly
say as such.) However, it tends to pollute the build output (in Jikes, anyway)
and potentially masks warnings that are actually important. :-)

--
Christopher Elkins