I don't think I explained my idea 1 very well based on comments.

The issue I'm facing is making sure my latka suite stays current with the
site as developers maintain the site.  For an initial import, I might have a
webapp with 350 JSPs... I don't want to manually build the latka suite for
that.  More importantly, as the team of developers add more JSPs, I want to
know that some schmuck didn't add a JSP to CVS and not add it to the
functional test.

I would start with just a file system dir list, recursing through subdirs
and listing all *.jsp files.  (no link checking or wget or anything
complex... just pure dir.list() with recursion).  This would create a list
like:
/test.jsp
/index.jsp
/login.jsp
/contacts/list.jsp
/contacts/add.jsp
/contacts/edit.jsp
It would take these URLs and build the latka suite file.  If there already
was a latka suite file, it would append the files not already in there.
Really this is just a tool/script to maintain the latka suite file.

I was getting somewhat ahead of myself with the "meta" decription, but I was
thinking the filtering could get more advanced so that I included "*.jsp"
and "*.html", but excluded everything in "/include" since those pages are
not directly called.  Maybe I should just fashion this as an ant task so I
can leverage it's include/exclude file pattern capabilities.

On an unrelated note, I thought of two other validators... a) link checking,
and b) xml validation (if your servlet is supposed to output XML instead of
HTML).  Anyone else working on these kind of validators?

Serge Knystautas
http://www.lokitech.com/