----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael A. Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jakarta Commons Developers List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
"Morgan Delagrange" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 4:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Collections] [Vote] Release Collections 2.0 redux

> On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Morgan Delagrange wrote:
> > I'd like to release Collections 2.0 now.  Any takers?  The release
package
> > is here:
>
> There doesn't seem to be a copy of the LICENSE in the source distribution
> (there is in the binary dist).  Should there be?

That's a good point.  The current directions for preparing source
distributions don't capture the LICENSE file, I think.  The current
directions don't capture anything below the component directory.  (The last
Collections release didn't have the license either.)

I agree that including the LICENSE is a good idea.

> Also, in the commons-collections.jar file, the LICENSE is not included in
> the META-INF directory.

Also a good point.

> I seem to remember some talk on this list that
> the binary jar should include the LICENSE as well.

Too bad the discussor(s) didn't update the build script.  :)

Hmm, I'm tempted to add the LICENSE manually, but I don't want to
contaminate the package with my targz ineptitude.  Maybe we should just put
inclusion of the LICENSE file on our post-mortem to-do list for the next
release.

- Morgan