From: "Geir Magnusson Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> On 3/28/02 11:54 AM, "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > From: "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> >> I'm writing to this list to ask for the creation of a new module in
> > commons
> >> scratchpad called "morphos".
> > Can someone please give karma to the above developers for
commons-sandbox?

> > Thank you :-)
>
> All added to commons-sandbox to keep the vote from holding the project up.
> Will add sylvain at end of vote (as this *has* to be a positive outcome :)

Thank you. :-)

> Quick question - since you are doing XML, why not start in the xml
sandbox?
> (I think there is one...)

AFAIK, the xml-commons charter is a bit different from the jakarta-commons
one.
At http://xml.apache.org/commons/ I read:
" it will also tend to be more focused on smaller, interoperable modules of
code and a very high degree of stability."
and
"to get all xml.apache.org projects to take their xml standards oriented
code - like DOM, SAX and JAXP - from specific marked builds of xml-commons"

Since Morphos is going to have XML  as one of many formats for file
conversion (though initially the preferred), since it is going to use
Jakarta POI, and since it will (hopefully :-) use many Jakarta projects, we
thought that Jakarta Commons would have been the best solution.

Because of this, I applaude the proposal to open the jakarta commons to all
Apache committers.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -