<snip/>

> > My point exactly.
> >
> > Commons Logging should be for all modules that do not
> > use IoC.
> >

> Commons logging should be for all modules that want a generic
> logging interface.
>
> In my opinion anyway... :)
>

> > For those that do need IoC, they either need to use Avalon
> or create
> > their own framework.  (Hopefully, use Avalon ;P )
> >

> And in that framework, can they have their components use the
> generic commons interface for logging?

We haven't created a wrapper for it if that's what you mean.  Avalon
provides a wrapper that is syntactically similar to commons--but
has a different interface name.

As I said, Avalon's logger abstraction was officially released first.
There was no official (i.e. released) commons logging at the time.