>I would propose to ask the sandbox to be removed from viewcvs
>and the eventually discuss what to do about the public cvs.
>As a way to protect ourself. I wouldn't mind if this is voted
>down :-)
>
>What do you think about this issue ? Any other proposed solutions ?

As a non-committer, I'd have to be very strongly against closing the sandbox
CVS repository unless it was definitely a legal requirement.  I say this not
so much because I wouldn't have access (I don't currently use anything from
sandbox) but because it would be a limiting factor on the community
development for sandbox projects.

There seems to be the feeling that community == committers around the ASF
but I definitely think there is more to it than that (what's the ratio of
committers to non-committers on this list for instance?).

I think it is also important to present a welcoming face to new comers so
that they stay around and contribute (possibly becomming committers in
time).  Closing things off creates the impression that ASF is an elite club
rather than an open collaboration.

Of course, this is all completely irrelevant if sandbox has to be kept
closed for legal reasons, but it is probably worth keeping in mind.

Yours,

Adrian Sutton, Software Engineer
Ephox Corporation
www.ephox.com

solely for the use of the individual to whom they are addressed. Opinions
contained in this email do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Ephox
Corporation.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender
immediately and delete all copies of the correspondence from your computer
and/or computer network. No warranty is given that this message upon its
receipt is virus free and the sender in this respect accepts no liability.