I don't know of anything that already exists, and I've looked around
Jakarta a little bit to find one. I'd love to see a jdbc subproject.
I've got a few things I could throw in as well. So I'm +1 that such
a thing should exist, +1 for calling it jdbc and +1 for separating
this kind of stuff from the current sql project (I agree, the sql
project is different stuff).