----- Original Message -----
From: "Victor Volle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jakarta Commons Developers List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2002 12:22 PM
Subject: Re: [clazz] draft reflect implementation

> Dmitri,
>
> your work looks very promising!
> I especially like the Idea, that I just have to
> overwrite a method in ReflectScalarPropertyIntrospector
> to match other methods as read/write methods.
>
> There are (currently) two things I do not
> quite understand. As far as I can see,
> all Introspectors scan the complete
> set of available methods. Would it be possible
> to have a list of (pluggable) introspectors like and
> a single loop over all methods. Something like this:
>
>         for (int mc = 0; mc < methods.length; mc++){
>             Method method = methods[mc];
>             for ( int ic = 0; ic < introspectors.length; ic++ ) {
>                  ReflectedPropertyIntrospector inspector = inspectors[mc];
>                  inspector.checkMethod( method, ..., parseResults );
>              }
>         }
I will consider this very seriously.  I think it is a good idea.

> Second, I am not sure that the methods
>
>    addClazzLibrary(), getClazz(), constructLibraryArray
>
> and so on, should be part of the Class Clazz.
> They probably belong to a Class Model or something
> like that.
Sure, I could factor them out.

> Victor

> PS: I am hesitating to offer my help, yet (besides criticism :-))
> because I am still not sure that I can use it for my own project
> and I would like to wait for the "dust to settle".
Critisizm is in fact extremely valuable help.  What I want to know
is what you think needs to be done in clazz for it to be useful for your
project.

Thanks,

- Dmitri

<mailto:commons-dev-help@;jakarta.apache.org>