Victor,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Victor Volle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jakarta Commons Developers List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, November 10, 2002 10:58 AM
Subject: Re: [clazz] draft reflect implementation

> I forgot an important factor:
> in the current API are methods that do not make any
> sense for my use case. Especially:
>
>        void set(Object instance, Object value);
>
> on ClazzProperty is absolutely undefined, if I have
> loaded the Clazz from an XML model file. Because
> there is (yet?) no settable Property.
Are you talking about an XML model file like that used by Struts?

Of course there will be a settable Property.  That's the whole point of
ClazzLibrary.  ReflectClazzLibrary is just one implementation, the other
implementation will be designed for run-time construction of clazzes.  The
Clazz there will be fully mutable, including properties.

> So to make the meta model useful for me,
> reflection specific code would have to be moved down to the
> ReflectionProperty. I am not sure that this
> solution suits the needs of anyone besides myself.
It has already been moved down to ReflectProperty.  ClazzProperty is merely
an interface.  I will start working on the mutable implementation of those
interfaces in about a week.

> Victor

- Dmitri