Stephen,

--- Stephen Colebourne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've finally had a chance to take a look at this. Its great work ;-)
Thank you.

> Some questions:
> - will it handle the case of defining
>  int getAge()
>  void setAge(String age)
>  void setAge(int age)
Currently it will reject this property altogether as having to
accessors. What should it do?  And generally speaking, how do we
justify our choices in how methods are mapped to properties?  Do you
think we have the authority to introduce some kind of a "standard"?
Taking into account the customizability of clazz, I believe we might.
Thus, why not simply decide what we are going to do by default in all
these cases by voting?  For example, in the above case we probably have
three reasonable solutions:

1. Reject the methods as conflicting
2. Accept the setAge(int) method as the getter and ignore
setAge(String)
3. Accept them both and decide dynamically which one to call based on
the type (and perhaps converability) of the value.

> - Can we handle related accessors, eg.
>  int getAge()
>  int getAgeAsString()
>  void setAge(int age)
>  void setAgeAsString(String age)
I like this very much. "set<property capitalized>As<anything
capitalized>".

> - Should ClazzProperty objects expose their read/write methods etc
> via
> ClazzOperation/Operation objects?
I say +1

> - How do you actually do the plugin? I can see where to override, but
> can't see where to make the override happen.
How stupid of me. The createReflectClazz(library, javaClass) is missing
on ReflectClazzLoader.  I'll add it.

> One thing we do have to be careful of is not to make it too
> complicated. I'm
> never sure exactly where that boundary is, and documentation always
> helps.
I think we'll need a tutorial specifically on customization of clazz,
because customization is *the* primary attraction here. I'll write a
draft.

> I also like lots of small packages, would reflect.list, reflect.map
and
> reflect.scalar help?
Sure, why not - I'll do that.

> Stephen