Actually, Jelly has already been voted into the
Commons Proper:

I don't recall any recent proposal to make it a
top-level project, and this vote was called only a few
weeks ago.  Now it's a question of whether or not to
begin the process for release (finalizing API, fixing
bugs, determining dependencies, etc.)

I think it's a good idea, obviously.

- Morgan

=====