On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

> Why not -- a search that includes a criteria for "beanutils" or
> "[beanutils]" is going to be quite accurate, even on a busy list like
> commons-dev.  If you want to do folder-per-package, filtering on this in
> the subject line works well to (because the community is pretty well
> trained).

Firstly, the mail archives with searchable functionalities seem to ignore
the []'s. Secondly, io, lang, collection, util are quite vague.

> > With lots of sub-lists, the user
> > could search over each list or search over all of Commons.
> >

> Do any mailing list archive sites offer cross-list searches in a single
> request?  If they don't, this is a total non-starter for me.

I'd be suggesting that eyebrowse gain this functionality.

> > > This is why we have filters and folders in our mail readers, IMHO.
> >
> > I obviously need to keep trying to migrate to mutt.
> >

> Even pine does a pretty decent job at this :-).

It's been unimpressing me recently. I should be able to hit 'D' on a
thread and have it mean: "Delete this, and automatically delete all
replies to this, ie) the whole thread if I 'D'elete the first entry".

It'd be nice to have another delete that says ignore anything else from
this IP or email.

Hen