On Tuesday, January 28, 2003, at 09:57 PM, Daniel F. Savarese wrote:

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, robert burr
ell donkin writes:
sorry i pushed this vote a bit too early.
I don't think it's prematur.  I think a call for a new vote had to come
from someone other than Jeff or myself to reflect the "itch" out there for
a formal release.  Clearly, within Apache, at least one project (Ant)
is dependent on the code and would benefit from the promotion of net out
of the sandbox.

you mean that you're happy for the current vote to continue on the
original proposal and then formally nominate steve once the vote's
finished?
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. I apologize for my incoherent rambling :)
I just wanted to highlight that evolutionary code contributions (as opposed
to mere maintenance) have been made from multiple developers so that
anyone not familiar with net would not get the impression it's just
Jeff and me.
cool :)

- robert