and take a look at

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/charter.html

- robert

On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, at 02:33 PM, Steve Cohen wrote:

I don't think I have a vote, but just in case I do
+1.

-----Original Message-----
From: robert burrell donkin
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 4:46 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Promote net from commons sandbox to commons

On Tuesday, January 28, 2003, at 09:57 PM, Daniel F. Savarese wrote:

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
robert burr
ell donkin writes:
sorry i pushed this vote a bit too early.
I don't think it's prematur.  I think a call for a new vote had to
come from someone other than Jeff or myself to reflect the "itch" out
there for a formal release.  Clearly, within Apache, at least one
project (Ant) is dependent on the code and would benefit from the
promotion of net out of the sandbox.

you mean that you're happy for the current vote to continue on the
original proposal and then formally nominate steve once the vote's
finished?
Yes, that's exactly what I mean.  I apologize for my incoherent
rambling
:)
I just wanted to highlight that evolutionary code contributions (as
opposed
to mere maintenance) have been made from multiple developers so that
anyone not familiar with net would not get the impression it's just
Jeff and me.
cool :)

- robert