Hey Bob,
bob mcwhirter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 30/01/2003 01:32:43 AM:
[snippage]
> I apologize for my goofy example, so, lemme try again, catching what
> I want, and letting others escape:
>
> public void doTag(XMLOutput) throws Exception
> {
> Object obj = null;
>
> try
> {
> obj = doSomethingThatCanThrowSixException();
> }
> catch (FileNotFoundException e)
> {
> obj = new Object();
> }
>
> doSomethingWithObject( obj );
> }
>
> ...versus...
>
> public void doTag(XMLOutput) throws JellyException
> {
> Object obj = null;
>
> try
> {
> obj = doSomethingThatCanThrowSixException();
> }
> catch (FileNotFoundException e)
> {
> obj = new Object();
> }
WTF is catch Exception doing here? I'd much rather you caught all six of
them.....
> catch (Exception e)
> {
> throw new JellyException( e );
> }
>
> doSomethingWithObject( obj );
> }
>
> I guess I need to hear Strachan's opinion on the topic.
>
> You say dIon is working on making maven happy with this?
Yip.
> Sorry, I'm trying to stir up trouble, but that's just a radical change
> that doesn't appear to have any direct benefit to the people it affects,
> namely the tag authors.
Oh yeah, and it's a pain to fix the tags, but not too bad.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Blog: http://www.freeroller.net/page/dion/Weblog
Work: http://www.multitask.com.au
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]