I've been attempting to get Maven up to the bean utils 1.6 over the last
day or so, and have a problem that seems to have happened between the
1.6-dev snapshot we took on 28-11-2002 and the release that has the
following symptoms:

It appears that a converter (or beanutils, I can't tell which yet), which
previously 'correctly' set a property of type java.lang.Object from an
instance of java.io.File, now converts the File to a String and then sets
the Object property.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Any ideas on a workaround?
--