On Sun, 2 Feb 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 17:24:50 +1100
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [beanutils] 1.6 release breaks Maven and Jelly
>
> I've been attempting to get Maven up to the bean utils 1.6 over the last
> day or so, and have a problem that seems to have happened between the
> 1.6-dev snapshot we took on 28-11-2002 and the release that has the
> following symptoms:
>
> It appears that a converter (or beanutils, I can't tell which yet), which
> previously 'correctly' set a property of type java.lang.Object from an
> instance of java.io.File, now converts the File to a String and then sets
> the Object property.
>
> Does this sound familiar to anyone?

There have been quite a large number of changes to beanutils since
November 28, but the case you are describing sounds like it might
*possibly* be a case of using the incorrect method of BeanUtils to perform
conversions for you.

Could you quote a snippet of the Maven code that seems to be doing the
wrong conversion, or point me at it, so I can help you resolve this?

> Any ideas on a workaround?
> --
> dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
> Blog:      http://www.freeroller.net/page/dion/Weblog