James Strachan wrote:

> From: "Costin Manolache" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Hanasaki JiJi wrote:
>>
>> > Thinking out loud here....  What do you think?
>> > 1. turn the VFS providers into JNDI SPI
>> > 2. implement VFS via JNDI or the JNDI SPI's directly
>>
>> +1
>>
>> Tomcat abstracts the file system using JNDI - it may be worth taking
>> a look.
>
> It'd me nice to move the Tomcat JNDI implementation into Commons so it can
> be a general purpose JNDI implementation for those that want/need one.

+1 - if someone has the time :-)

It is pretty well separated - but there are few things that are specific to
tomcat ( caching is specific to resources, etc). I started a small
refactoring - with the goal of making it completely separate in
jakarta-tomcat-connectrs/naming. A second goal was to make it much easier
to write plugins. It is pretty low on the priority list for me - but if
other people are interested I can make some time to help.

Costin