http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=104922470020557&w=2

(making a .betwixt file is pretty easy but i'm not sure that it'll do any good.)

- robert

On Wednesday, April 2, 2003, at 07:50 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I recieved any feedback on this..  I will take a looksee at tweaking how
betwixt works and what is involved in making a .betwixt file, however, if
anyone has any samples, that would be much appreciated!

eRic

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 11:05 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [betwixt] Strategies for roundtripping Date objects

Hi all,

I am using betwixt to take a basic object with lots of string parameters and
roundtrip them to XML and back. However, I just added a java.util.Date
object, and now betwixt is erroring when it tries to pass the String
representation of the date object back in as a string. I could add a method

public void setDate(String dateAsString)

but that seems icky. Do I have to create a .betwixt file to deal with this?
Or, should betwixt be changed to look at my String and try and convert it to
a date if my only matching method signature takes a date. Alternatively to
create a .betwixt file, can I do the same thing, but programatically. I
don't really want to add yet another file for mapping.

Loving Betwixt!

Eric Pugh