I wouldn't call that a standard.

I disagree that restyling is rude, particularly when the original author
might not still be the primary contributor to the class, or even a
contributor at all. Also, it's easy enough to use Jalop, IntelliJ, or
whatever to restyle code back to how you like it.

| > |
| > |

| > | is good.

| > | have import
| > |
| > | Oh, God, not this debate again.
| > |
| > | Look, there are two camps here, and I'm in the * camp and
| you're in
| > | the explicit-import camp.  There's no need to structure
| things so that
| > | one camp is going to be angry, even if you don't agree with their
| > | reasons for being angry.  Organizing classes by maximal cohesion
| > | should satisfy everyone.
| > |
| > | (If you like, I'd be happy to debate with you *off-list*
| and show you
| > | the error of your anal ways :-))
| > |
http://www.purpletech.com/