I couldn't agree more with Craig. I have come across the exact
situation he describes, where there exists classes:

    com.foo.a.ClassA
    com.foo.a.Utils
    org.bar.ClassB

and you have code:

// MyClass.java
package com.acme.c;

import com.foo.a.*;
import org.bar.b.*;

[...]
public void myMethod()
{
   Utils = new Utils();
   // etc.
}

If a class org.bar.b.Utils is added to a latter release of org.bar's
library, there is now an ambiguous reference to Utils. It appears that
most of the other arguments for or against explicit importing are
style- or ease-of-use related. That being the situation, the case
illustrated above should clinch the argument. import *; can result in
code that won't compile.

- Neil