On Tue, 27 May 2003, Mark R. Diggory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>>To copy otherwise, or to republish, requires
>>a fee and/or specific permission.
>>
> Basically what this is saying is "talk to us".

Yep, but it would also say that to people republishing the Apache code
that republishes or copies the licensed code - this is not a
restruction for the ASF (I'm sure they'd we'd get a positive response)
but on the things you could do with the ASF's software.

This may be subtle point, but I want to stress it again.  It's not
enough that something can be distributed under the Apache Software
License, there must not be any additional requirements on top of the
Apache Software License if it is going to be distributed by the ASF.

Stefan