Tim O'Brien wrote:

On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 00:39, Mark R. Diggory wrote:

Also, can we now discuss dropping author tags?

What is your concern? Did I leave some out? Or are you suggesting we drop them altogether?

It is unrelated to your commits, don't worry. Read this: http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/[EMAIL PROTECTED]&msgNo=1956

In general, author tags seem inappropriate for commons-math at the code
level.  Records of committer and contributor involved are in CVS and in
the project members xdoc.  If one really wants to find out how active a
committer is they can turn to statCVS.

I was a skeptic, but some of the posts on that other (public archived)
list, changed my mind.

Tim

I read the whole thread and I have to say its true as long as the committing of patches is done in accordance with the cvs template and the person who provided the code patch is identified in the comment appropriately. Otherwise, theres really only the the contributors section to establish who has contributed. I guess I'm ok with their removal, I understand the tendency to get "territorial" about a section of code, I am so guilty of that. Ah, such struggles are just the walk down the path to enlightenment, detachment from material possessions will lead you to bliss. Besides, do I really want to get bothered by an email concerning this code some 15 years down the road when I'm old and senile? Oh, wait I forgot about compassion...ok, I promise I'll still answer emails in 15 years. At least by then we'll be able to send email via telepathic implants...

Can you tell I've been at work too long today?
Mark

--
Mark Diggory
Software Developer