Filtering is not the perfect solution. I get a notification every time i receive a message from commons-dev, most of the time i open my mail program to discover that actually there is nothing new to read because it was a filtered cvs commit message. It's quite annoying. And filtering doesn't save the bandwidth.

Also you cannot filter mail archives, http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED] is unreadable for people not subscribed following the discussions here.

Emmanuel

David Graham wrote:

More lists just adds confusion. Messages can easily be filtered out if you don't want to see them. IMO, a better solution would be to identify components that generate the most traffic and give them separate dev lists.

David