> When did ASF development become tied to Eclipse functionality?  I've
> noticed this over the past few months.  This seems a very serious
> compromise.  If open source tool X doesn't support technology Y, then
> get to work.

Of course I am not advocating that any tool should be an absolute
requirement in considering such things. I should have been clearer that I
was talking about a personal preference and method of working.

Tools, IDEs and such can be a very personal issue for some and company-wide
policies for others. For me and the Java developers I work with, it's
Eclipse; some also use CVS with and without various UIs.

I guess I am not looking forward to booting up Eclipse 2.x or using a CLI. I
am spoiled by eclipse 3 :-P For me it's just a step backwards in what has
become a great day-to-day working experience with Java and CVS fully
integrated in a great IDE.

So, take all of this with a grain of salt from some who just likes eclipse
too much :-)

Gary