On Dec 20, 2003, at 6:33 AM, Dirk Verbeeck wrote:

-0, unless there is a real plan to port codec to another language (in the very near future), I would ask you to remain at jakarta-commons.

Testing the waters of Apache Commons is a good idea but the real test is: Can Apache commons build a cross-language community?

How do we find out if we don't try? Some people behind Codec are saying "Let's give it a shot".

Testing Subversion & Jira shouldn't be an argument to move a component out of jakarta-commons.

Agreed.