I'd also like to point out the Board has specifically requested that the
Apache Maven Project should distribute jars from ASF hardware. We make
certain guarantees to our users, and those guarantees require distributing
ASF code from known, secure hardware (the ASF itself).

Thus, a jar repository will be created at the ASF, and ibiblio will mirror
from that (and probably add some additional jars which won't ever be
distributed by the ASF for various reasons). The repository will fit into
our mirror framework, and there will be automatic mechanisms for ASF
software releases to automatically flow into that repository (e.g. the
point about releases taking (sometimes) months to appear at ibilio will
not occur).

Please sign up at [EMAIL PROTECTED] to participate.

Cheers,
-g

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ... ASF Chairman ... http://www.apache.org/