> > We could go further and actually deprecated PQ. But I'm a little wary of
> > that.
>
> We should decide whether or not Queue implementations belong in
> [collections].  I am +0 on this (the "+" is because BinaryHeap/Buffer
> exists). If no, we should deprecate.  See below.
> >
> > (And both BinaryHeap and BinaryBuffer still need their remove bug fixing
:-)

> As noted in bug report, I have a fix ready to commit.  What I don't like
> about the setup above is that this and all other fixes / enhancements need
> to be applied to both classes.
I am happy for Buffer to exist in [collections]  (although I wish the
methods were peek and pop) Given a choice I would deprecate PQ altogether.

Your change will need to be applied to both BinaryBuffer and BinaryHeap,
unless we make BinaryHeap wrap a BinaryBuffer (maintaining the old
interface).

I am +1 on renaming to PriorityBuffer.

Stephen