Stephen Colebourne wrote:

I am happy for Buffer to exist in [collections] (although I wish the
methods were peek and pop)

Yeah. Like a queue ;-).

> Given a choice I would deprecate PQ altogether.

That would make things simpler.

Your change will need to be applied to both BinaryBuffer and BinaryHeap, unless we make BinaryHeap wrap a BinaryBuffer (maintaining the old interface).

For now, I am making the change to both (and both tests).

I would like to consider, however either

a) deprecate both PQ and BinaryHeap (rationale: we implement what are effectivley queues in the buffer package)

b) change BinaryHeap to wrap a BinaryBuffer

I guess I ultimately favor a).

I am +1 on renaming to PriorityBuffer.

I agree.

Phil