On Jan 11, 2004, at 2:54 PM, Bill Horsman wrote:
On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 20:46, peter royal wrote:

So if implement the Map interface (or expose it) then you run the risk
of another class just calling get() instead of getVar() and bypassing
my
strict variable check.

Unless the new exception was a subclass of RuntimeException :)

Yep, that's true. Well, I can be persuaded either way. To extend Map or just to use it. My gut instinct still says the composition is better.

Your gut is right, I just worry about the change to the client contract.. This would no longer be a "drop-in" upgrade. I'll ping Geir and get his opinion on this too..
-pete