On Jan 10, 2004, at 2:21 PM, Bill Horsman wrote:
I've made some changes to allow for strict checking of unknown variables
inside an expression. Please see attached patch plus one new class
(UnknownVariableException). The changes were simple enough. The

JexlHelper.createContext()

method is now overridden with a new

JexlHelper.createContext(boolean strict)

method. The old one just calls the new one with strict = false. So the
default behaviour is unchanged.

Looks good. My only suggestion is that you likely want to check for existence of the key in the map in order to known when to throw the exception, as opposed to testing for null. That way you can have valid variables that are null.
-pete