Hi,

Yes these are practical concerns.  However if we can leave ourselves freely
unconstrained for now while discussing the topic and grasping for ideas we
can condense down the possibilities when dealing with these constraints.
I'm most certain that there are also ways in which we can work around JDK
dependencies.  It looks like many people are already considering these
backward compatibility issues.  If others don't mind I'd like to differ
these issues until we have a clear direction in mind before ideas are turned
into code.

Alex