This is a proposal to begin to end the abuse of the sandbox. (The sandbox
was intended as a temporary 'play area' for new ideas, not a long term
project home)

Gump is the key mechanism used in apache to ensure that everything keeps
building. By removing the sandbox projects, we should encourage other
projects not to depend on the sandbox unless they are willing to help push
the project to a release.

Normally decisions such as this have been left to each project, but IMHO its
time for commons-dev to take control. Any views? Do we vote or just do it?

Stephen