Thanks Chris! I was actually just taking a look at the examples and trying some out. I really like its straight forwardness like you mention. I have a question though (now that you are here ;) ). I am actually stuck at the moment trying to have multiple callbacks for all methods in a class and the filter only allows me to return one callback for a method?

-Harish

Chris Nokleberg wrote:

Harish Krishnaswamy <hkrishnaswamy <at> comcast.net> writes:

I am yet to explore Javassist, but would certainly like to see some comments comparing it to Cglib2. I have seen some great reviews for it and not to mention its widespread use in other products.

The speed of the two will probably be comparable. The main advantage of using CGLIB2 is that your code will be simpler, since you are dealing against a normal Java API (comparable to java.lang.reflect.Proxy) instead of writing pseudo-bytecode in string literals as you do with Javassist. Also, CGLIB will handle things like caching and debugging support that you'd otherwise have to write yourself.

Chris