On 3 Apr 2004, at 15:18, korebantic wrote:

What is the proper procedure for submitting patches
against jelly, and adding new features like new tag
libraries, etc?

here at apache, those worthy individuals who contribute in this way are known as developers (because they develop the software). take a look at the following pages:

http://www.apache.org/dev/
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/getinvolved.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/volunteering.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/patches.html

please remember that you'll need to be able to grant copyright to the ASF for all patches you contribute. if it's a substantial body of work or if the code is derived from a copyrighted work then we may need you to sign a contributor's license agreement.

me and paul are probably the most active jelly committers at the moment and it's not my highest priority so you might need to be a little patient (and polite reminders may sometimes be needed). good documentation and unit tests for your changes will strongly increase the chances of your code being committed by me (since i have to write these if they are not present).

- robert