Alex Karasulu wrote:
Is there a place where we can collect and localize utility methods and
classes used for unit testing?  I have not found anything yet.

Is it even worth doing this?

The problem with a project like this is that the scope would be hard to define. The only
common thing that I use in my tests are:

-  java.util.Random to generate test data

- extentions of junit.extensions.TestDecorator or junit.textui.ResultPrinter in order to
do some debugging, such as printing when a test starts

So I think it would be hard to get a nice group of test utils that feel like they
truly belong together.

If you have commit access, as far as I know there is nothing stopping you from
creating a new sandbox project and committing some of your ideas. If you've got
some cool things then I'm sure others would get interested.

Also perhaps things like the commons collections testing framework could
be kept here as well.  Don't if this is the right thing to do but just a
thought.  It might not be a good idea since it is so specific to
collections but this can be discussed over time.

I think the [collections] testing framework belongs in [collections]. I don't think that
the test framework is [collections]-specific, but I do think that it falls better under the
scope of [collections] than it would a separate testing project.