The justification you should give is the following set of criteria:

1) The component has attracted a community of users and developers that is
likely to continue to exist, and that contributes to the future development
of the component.

2) The external API of the component is sufficiently stable that it is
unlikely to change, in more than minor ways, between now and a final
release.

3) The code base is sufficiently stable that, barring bug fixes, it would be
suitable for a production release as is.

Since I believe Commons Chain meets these criteria, here is my +1.

--
Martin Cooper