Hi,
Someone else posted the official criteria, but in my book if Struts is
going to package it that's almost reason enough ;)  +1.

I once wrote a wiki page for the technical details of the promotion
process, and I know at least one other person used it, adding and
correcting details in the process.  Now if I could only remember the
page's address... Ah here it is:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/MovingFromSandboxToProper.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics