Alex Karasulu wrote:

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 10:29, Oliver Zeigermann wrote:

I could contribute a class called RendezvousBarrier. It is simple, but very useful when testing stuff in concurrent szenarios and you want to make non-deterministic runs of more than one thread deterministic for certain tests.

Is this test specific?  Sounds like its more specific to threading
concerns.  However I think testing multi-threaded code is your goal and
in that case we're probably going to need these constructs to setup a
multi-threaded test harness.  It does make sense.  Let's talk about this
some more.  I have a feeling the Transaction stuff you're working on is
driving some of this eh?

I use the barrier in many tests for the transaction stuff and it is as well simple to use as useful. The barrier is not really test specific, but - as I said - especially useful for testing.

Oliver