> personally speaking, i'd gladly support anyone who had the energy to
> push a digester 2 project forward. IMHO the digester one design has
> been pushed just about as far as it can. starting digester 2 would
> allow free refactoring without having to worry about binary
> compatibility (and deprecation). all it takes is a committer with
> enough energy...

That's me :-)

I am certainly willing to work on Digester2. However I would personally
like to see one more release cycle of the current Digester. In
particular, all the "plugins" stuff is new, and I would like the chance
to get this out into a production release and get feedback from users on
the API so that if there are any deficiencies I get a chance to fix them
in 2.0. There are a number of other new features, too, that it would be
good to get feedback on before 2.0.

I am leaving my job in early December this year in order to spend a year
doing a mix of study, research, open-source work and short-term
contracting. It's also a chance to get away from dealing with %$#%$
customers (politics, estimates, deadlines, etc) for a bit. This would be
a good time for me to get stuck into Digester2, particularly as
Digester1.6 would have been out around 4 months, hopefully sufficient
time to get some feedback on the new features. I'm hoping that this will
suit other people interested in Digester..fellow developers, reviewers
and interested parties.

Cheers,

Simon