Henri Yandell wrote:
Looking at the site rather than the source. Would be nice if javadoc was a
link rather than hidden down in the Project Reports.

Go for it. I don't have the maven-foo and really don't have the patience to hack the maven config more than I have to.

CLI2Converter confuses me. Firstly, is it still needed?

Its not *needed* at all, I just thought it would be nice to ease the upgrade process. Perhaps placing it it o.a.c.cli2.util package and calling it CLI1Converter (or CLI1Adapter) might be clearer?

> Secondly, why does
it have return types of type:

org.apache.commons.cli2.Group

Because that's the closest analogue to Options or OptionGroup in the cli2 packages.

Would have thought you'd have had compile problems.

No... why?... Ahhhhh - looks like the javadocs are only tackling the org.apache.commons.cli package and not the org.apache.commons.cli2 tree. I've just rebuilt so the full javadocs are available at:

http://www.apache.org/~roxspring/cli/docs/apidocs/

Something I've had on my todo for a couple of weeks is to javadoc PatternOptionBuilder. Will work on that tonight and commit it.

Have you had a chance to look at the o.a.c.cli2.builder.PatternBuilder at all? I think its true to the intention of PatternOptionBuilder but don't remember testing it too much - I guess if your a user of the original you would be well placed to try out the replacement :)

Otherwise, +1.

> Hen

Does this still hold now that you see the cil2 package?

Thanks,

Rob