--- Stephen Colebourne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>

> Potentially, we could use the digester version to start from. (In new
> commons style, there would be copy-paste with reference to original, not
> dependency)

That is not the new commons style.  That was a temporary solution to
removing commons-collections dependencies from other commons projects that
didn't actually need collections.  IMO, copy-paste reuse is the worst
offense that a programmer can commit.  If we start doing this in commons
it will be more ridiculed, and rightfully so, than it already is.

David