What you're seeing is the natural result of design conversations held
outside of the mailing list.  No one here had the benefit of participating
in the localized logging design so naturally we're asking questions and
making suggestions.

Additionally, it might have helped all of us if the proposal didn't use
marketing hype terms devoid of meaning (ie. "enterprise") to describe what
is actually a small and reasonable set of additions related to localized
messages.

There are no "JSR-mandated logging requirements" for commons logging so
I'm not really sure what that means.

David