I'm happy to fix the builds if they're broken using they're stated
dependencies, but as for changing the builds to keep up with HEAD of
Jetty or BSF, I don't see the point.

The latter is the case (its actually httpclient HEAD, not jetty HEAD), so that's fair enough - I was just checking. In particular, BSF is using a release candidate.

We as users of these libraries should be keeping up with released
versions, and making the library developers aware if they've busted
us.

I think this is by design in a couple of cases (httpclient 3.0, but not sure about beanutils).

- Brett