Stéphane Rault wrote:
I'm trying to use the wonderful VFS. It works quite well but I've a problem with writing in zip file. Searching for informations, I wonder if VFS is still a live project and if sometimes, it will leave the sandbox to become a complete Jakarta-Common project ? I want to use it in a professionnal application and I need to be sure the project goes on (I can't really maintain all that code alone but I can help if necessary).
Well, VFS is alive in a manner that I try to fix major problems and reported bugs.

I decided to go in small steps as I use it in our project as java.io.File replacement (where possible) and thus have to ensure its stability. Currently I feel very comfortable about its stability.

As soon as I have more time I would like to implement something like file-locking.

You are right, I too think its time to discuss a plan how to migrate it to commons proper - I planed to poll for it in a couple of months. Not sure what the community thinks about it.

---
Mario