Rami Ojares wrote:
webdav:/anydir/%74est%0d.txt
This is canonicalized into
webdav:/anydir/test%0D.txt
So when someone points next time to uri
webdav:/anydir/tes%74%0D.txt
then he will get the cached file.
I still do not know how to canonicalize a file with umlauts.
e.g. VFS (running on a ISO-8859-1 filesystem) access a webdav filesysten running on an UTF-8 system

now the VFS url might be something like
webdav:/anydir/R%E4tsel.txt
which means webdav:/anydir/Rätsel.txt in ISO-8859-1, but notice, I cant canonicalize it as I do not know the encoding of the url.

And the encoded form reported by the webdav might be the UTF-8 encoded form: webdav:/anydir/R%C3%A4tsel.txt

Notice: If you use the plain form webdav:/anydir/Rätsel.txt it is always possible to resolve the file, regardless of the "destination charset". The library is able to convert as it knows the source charset and can send it to the server accordingly.

Currently I cant see any other option than NOT to use encoded URIs at all.
Now it is possible to encode using the "%", but it should not be the preferred way.
And the "canonicalized" form is the decoded form - except for "%" (and sometimes "!")

---
Mario