At 2005-04-20 12:06, you wrote:
> Shall we add an i18n-contrib.jar that contains all the
> optional extensions? I'd like to keep the core i18n.jar as
> small as possible...

Then you'll need some definition for this. IMHO MBeanInfoDescriptionBundle is as light as the rest without any deps and this does normally qualify an inclusion into the core.

I agree.
Current jar is only 16k. Even twice the size should be small enough for most people.

Another beast is the proposed DatabaseMessageProvider of Mattias. If it uses external deps it is qualified for a separate contrib package ... but just my 2c.

I intend to avoid external dependencies by using pure java.sql.* with the option of javax.sql.DataSource. Though the test cases will certainly have other dependencies.

Mattias Jiderhamn