Seems like i18n is reinventing the wheel over and over. I see we are using
of Sax, when Digester is the most viable choice, given the typical clients
of this framework. I see where ResourceBundle is used, yet a much more
robust solution is already provided through Commons Resources. Any chance
we can change this to use the above frameworks?

My primary goal was to keep this component simple. It has no dependencies to other jars and that is a big plug for the daily use.
Remember my thread about the missing ability in the java world to deal with different versions of the same class. So using digester/resources could cause a lot of trouble to bigger projects using a different version of these components.
I know that we have some overlapping with Commons Resources, but the I18n is dealing with bundles of messages and introduces LocalizedExceptions using these bundles. As I needed this already in different projects seriously dealing with internationalization, personally I still think this component is reasonable.

Cheers,
Daniel

I'm sorry that you feel that way. I disagree, but not enough to discuss it any further. I know this is your (your == "you guys") baby, and I'm not looking to rock the boat. So, I'll put this effort on the back burner for now. Not that I'm disinterested, I've just got tons of other items on my hot-list that are begging for me to work on.

Thanks again.

-- James Mitchell Software Engineer / Open Source Evangelist Consulting / Mentoring / Freelance EdgeTech, Inc. 678.910.8017 AIM: jmitchtx Yahoo: jmitchtx MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]