On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 08:54 -0700, Brian Stansberry wrote:
> --- Simon Kitching <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 21:26 +0100, robert burrell
> > donkin wrote:
> > > here are my results obtained by comparing the
> > theory with the current
> > > behaviour.
> > >
> > > (1) JCL Behaves As Expected (50%)
> > > ---------------------------------
> > > 1,2,3,4,7,8,11,12,15,16,17,18,19,23,27,31
> > >
> > > (2) JCL Throws Exception Rather Than Logging To
> > Log4J (28%)

> > > 5,6,13,14,21,22,24,25,29
> > >
> > > (3) JCL Throws Exception Rather Than Logging To
> > java.util.logging (22%)

> > > 9,10,20,26,28,30,32
> >
> > Where are these scenarios (1-32) documented?
> >

> They're in the demonstration folder in svn.  May be
> another way to get to it, but this works:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta/commons/proper/logging/trunk/demonstration/src/java/overview.html?rev=159142&view=log

Thanks, found them.

By the way, may I suggest that stuff like this would be better off as a
sibling directory to "trunk" rather than in the trunk? Most people
wanting to check out trunk won't want this stuff. Fortunately, it's easy
to move stuff around in Subversion if we want to..

How about creating dir proper/logging/experiments/classloader-issues?
(ie "experiments" is a sibling of trunk, tags, branches). The
"experiments" dir can then hold all sorts of stuff without bothering
people who just want the trunk...

Cheers,

Simon